Your kitchen is no doubt stocked with all-natural ingredients like oats, honey and coconut oil because of their incredible health benefits. Every day, you’re conscious of what you put into your body when it comes to nutrition and supplements – now it’s time to take the same approach with your skincare.
Save money by avoiding high-end creams, masks and cleansers that can be laced with harmful ingredients. Instead, use these simple food-based ingredients to become a natural beauty.
Coconut oil makeup remover
• 1 tsp coconut oil
What it does: Removes stubborn makeup like waterproof mascara and foundation.
How to use it: Place a teaspoon of coconut oil in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together to warm it up to your body temperature, then massage it into your skin. Work the coconut oil into your lashes to eliminate all mascara. Take a warm washcloth and remove all the coconut oil and remaining makeup from your skin. Repeat this process if necessary.
Egg White and honey mask
• 1 large egg white
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1-2 drops tea tree oil
What it does: Soothes dry or acne-prone skin.
How to use it: Mix the egg, honey and tea tree oil. Put it all over your skin – avoiding your eye area – and let it sit until it’s completely dry. Remove with warm water and your skin will look soft and even.
Why it works:
• Tea tree is an antibacterial and antifungal essential oil, making it acne’s worst enemy.
• Eggs have the ability to tighten pores, diminish the look of fine lines and leave your skin with a healthy natural glow. Egg is also an antibacterial and will help to heal and nourish the skin of anyone suffering from acne.
• Honey is a natural antibacterial that helps to open pores so they can be unclogged. This natural treat is full of antioxidants, which will leave the skin glowing and looking healthy.
Sea salt exfoliator
• 1/8 cup Sea Salt
• ¼ cup oat flour
• ¼ cup almond flour
What it does: Brighter complexion
How to use it: Mix the ingredients above into a paste, then put a tablespoon of this product on moistened fingers and rub in a circular motion all over your skin. Do this as part of your skincare routine twice a week.
Why it works:
• Sea salt helps open up pores and stimulate new skin growth by sloughing off dead skin cells.
• Oats fight acne and are anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and anti-ageing.
• Almond flour is packed with vitamin E and anti oxidants and also helps to slough off any dead skin cells.
Find beauty advice and more in every issue of TRAIN for HER magazine.