Lavender is one of the most popular scents in essential oils, candles, soaps, and more. Known for its relaxing properties, lavender is a favorite for massage oils, body lotions, and bath oils. Besides just helping you unwind after a long day, lavender has a ton of benefits! Check out just a few of the many benefits of lavender below.
1. It has a soothing effect on your nervous system making it great for alleviating stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
2. Lavender helps relax your mind to improve quality and length of sleep
3. It can relieve feelings of nausea and motion sickness.
4. It can help relieve pain; by applying oil to your temples you can help ease headaches and by applying oil over your abdomen and lower back you can help mitigate menstrual cramps
5. Mix lavender with coconut oil to create your own lip balm to soothe chapped lips
6. Lavender’s anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties can counteract dry, itching skin and help get rid of dandruff and other scalp imbalances
7. Lavender helps stimulate blood circulation and can help improve hair growth when applied in shampoo or a hair mask.
8. Its antimicrobial properties make it great for helping to treat acne, cold sores, and other cuts or wounds. Just make sure to dilute it prior to applying to skin!
Make sure to do your research on the essential oils you choose to buy – many are not pure and are diluted with different fillers. Choose a reputable essential oil distributor and make sure to choose oil that is distinctly labeled as “lavender essential oil” and not just “lavender oil”. Lavender oil is not made from the lavender plant and does not hold the same benefits as the essential oil.